My favourite classic is
- Madame Bovary
- Pride and Prejudice
- White Lines
- Classic. Just classic.
Which classic is most pertinent at the moment?
- It Could Happen Here
- It’s Happening Right Here, Right at This Moment
- It’s Literally Happening. Did You See What They Just Did?
- It Just Happened Here
How does a book become a classic?
- Good cover art
- It stands the test of time
- It gets made into a film
- Plato writes it
Which classic titles end with a question mark?
- Who Would Have Thought It? by María Amparo Ruíz de Burton
- Can You Forgive Her? by Anthony Trollope
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
- What Is Art? by Leo Tolstoy
How does the classic The Wolfman and Other Cases by Sigmund Freud end?
- The mother is found guilty
- The Wolfman (Benicio del Toro) pursues Gwen (Emily Blunt) and traps her above a gorge. As he hesitates, the hunters approach…
- Some seriously, seriously infantile, sexual and aggressive urges
H.G. Wells loved books with ‘war’ in the title. Which two of his ‘war’ books are considered classics?
- The War of the Worlds
- The War in the Air
- War: What Is It Good For?
- The Art of War (with Sun Tzu)
How many classics have the word ‘Chuzzlewit’ in the title?
- Depends on your definition of chuzzlewit
What’s the crucial difference between Edmund Gosse’s Father and Son and Turgenev’s Fathers and Sons?
- One is a memoir
- One has more fathers
- One has more sons